Squirrels are some of the cutest animals you'll come across, but they can also be quite the nuisance. When they start damaging your roof, the situation quickly becomes alarming. As a homeowner, you may be wondering if you need a roofing repair service when squirrels are causing damage to your roof. Read on to see why you do.
What Type of Damage Can Squirrels Cause to Your Roof?
Squirrels are clever little animals that can cause a great deal of damage to your roof in a short amount of time. Some of the most common forms of damage caused by squirrels include:
- Chewing through vents and roofing materials
- Creating holes in your roof
- Pulling shingles off your roof
- Building nests in your attic or along the roofline
Why Is a Professional Roofing Repair Service Essential?
If you notice any of the aforementioned damage caused by squirrels, it's important to call in a professional roofing repair service to handle the situation. Here's why:
- Safety: Professionals have the experience, training, and equipment to work safely on your roof without causing harm to themselves or your property.
- Quality of Work: Professional roofing repair services have a team of skilled technicians who can identify and fix the damage caused by squirrels to ensure your roof is functional again.
- Long-Term Solutions: A professional roofing repair service will not only fix the damage caused by squirrels but also recommend measures to prevent similar issues from happening.
How to Prevent Future Squirrel Damage to Your Roof
After your roofing repair service fixes the damage caused by squirrels, you need to take measures to prevent future damage. Here's what you can do:
- Cut Back Trees and Branches: If you have trees or branches that are close to or overhanging your roof, you need to trim them back. This way, squirrels won't have easy access to your roof.
- Keep Your Attic Clean: Squirrels love building nests in attics. Regular cleaning, sealing all entry points, and trimming back trees can help make your attic less attractive to squirrels.
- Install Metal Flashing: Metal flashing can make your roof less accessible to squirrels. Adding one to your roofline can help prevent squirrels from chewing through roofing materials and causing damage.
Squirrels may be cute, but they can be quite the nuisance when they start damaging your roof. If you notice any signs of squirrel damage to your roof, you need to call in a professional roofing repair service to handle the situation promptly. At the same time, you need to take measures to prevent future squirrel damage by trimming back trees, keeping your attic clean, and installing metal flashing. With these measures in place, you can enjoy your home without worrying about squirrels causing damage to your roof.